Sunday, February 8, 2015

Song Unveiling (Blog 7)


Hey everyone. So this week, like many others, hasn't been that productive. 2 weeks ago I was busy with choir rehearsals because we had competition (which we won, yay!) so this past week I tried to take it easy and let the week fly by. Overachieving student here as you can see. So I'm going to use that as an excuse to why there hasn't been any further development in the plot. See, now this project is at a point in time where it's not the lack of ideas slowing down the process, but the overload of ideas and which ones to go with. I'm even going to make the cover art that would go on a playbill for the show and post it later on.

I do have something really exciting to share with you though. I've created a song (well 45 seconds of a song) for the show and I'm going to publish it on YouTube for you guys to see! I know what your thinking. You're probably rolling your eyes at because I'm writing a musical yet it took me this long to post even a clip of a song. I am sorry for that, I just wanted to make something worth listening to. I'm not even sure this song is worth listening to but I thought it was good. All I can do is put my work out there and see what happens. And I do have other snippets of songs but I just didn't think they were strong enough to showcase yet. So the link will be at the bottom of the page. Keep in mind while listening that the lyrics will probably be changed. I wrote them today and the creative juices were just not flowing lyric wise. Also, I worked on the vocals, but not to an extent where it could be considered a grammy award winning performance. I hope before this project is over I can display my singing abilities to you guys but if it doesn't happen then I won't be too disappointed. Ok so hopefully you enjoy the song and leave any comments or suggestions! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. 45 Seconds of a song is waaaaay more than I could've done! As someone who procrastinates like I have all the time in the world, it's so cool to see that you're actually getting down to business. Plus, writing music is hard for some of us, so the fact that you can actually get 45 seconds or even snippets is impressive. I hope your musical is a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Zaria. I was kind of hard to finally get the ball rolling but i'm hoping now that I'm making progress, it will be come slightly easier.

    ReplyDelete