Sunday, February 22, 2015

Smooth Sailing (Post 8)


My project has been coming along very smoothly lately. The day before I went on break, I played a clip of my new song to my class and the feedback was very positive. I know that they are my classmates and it's not very likely that they would've just destroyed my material with negative comments and critiques even if it was really bad but I could tell that some people were genuinely impressed. I was going to post the clip of the new song on this blog post, but I'm so close to finishing the whole that I decided to just finish it then post the final draft next week. All I really need to do is record the rest of the music and polish the lyrics.

Now onto the book. I haven't written any dialogue yet but I have a pretty clear picture of what is going to be happening and what is going to be said in a number of scenes. I just have to physically type them out for you guys. I'll probably post one of the shorter scenes so that you won't end up reading a novel instead of a simple update on the musical's production.

Another part of the show that I'm beginning to think about is the title and cover art. I don't want the title to be so direct. I want it to mean something. I don't want it to sound dumb or funny or too long either. It needs to be short and witty. I want it to sound catchy when someone talks about it. Like "have you heard of blah"? Or "blah was actually really good". As for the cover art, I'm thinking of incorporating a stage into the picture. I feel like waiting a little bit longer and developing the story more will give me a more distinct picture of what the title and cover art should be.


That's all for right now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment